[CMake] Adding Cmake version in online documentation

Albrecht Schlosser AlbrechtS.fltk at online.de
Sat Nov 12 10:41:13 EST 2016

On 11.11.2016 22:36 Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> You could have a look at the major distributions and what they ship.

Thanks for your comments.

We do not only want to support the major distributions but also (maybe
proprietary) cross compilation tools. That's why we still support
autoconf/configure as well.

> The oldest I have to support is RHEL 5, released first 2007, and that feels
> really ancient. But there are people out there which still run such systems.
> Centos 5 comes with CMake 2.6.4, Centos 6 with 2.8.12.
> OTOH, installing additional versions of CMake is really easy, thanks to the
> binary packages provided by Kitware (... which IIRC are built in a Docker
> Centos 5 container).

Even compilation of CMake is pretty easy. Thanks to its 'bootstrap' mode.

> Btw. I really appreciate your idea to keep the requirements low. :-)

You're welcome. See above why this is so essential for FLTK.

> You can have a look here, there is the documentation for all cmake versions
> back to 2.6: https://cmake.org/documentation/

Thanks for the link as well. I forgot about that because I was mostly
searching with g**le and that seems to find random versions...

> Alex

Albrecht