[CMake] FindBoost warning but working

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Fri Nov 11 03:01:46 EST 2016

On 11/11/2016 07:54, demelier.david at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, with the following CMakeLists.txt:
>
> cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.6)
> project(point)
> find_package(Boost REQUIRED COMPONENTS system)

> CMake Warning at /usr/share/cmake-3.6/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:743
> (message):
>   Imported targets not available for Boost version 106200

> The code compiles and builds fine though, but I would like to know and
> fix this warning.
>
> cmake version is 3.6.3 and boost is 1.62.0.

The FindBoost provided by this version of cmake doesn't support imported
targets for the new Boost 1.62 release, i.e. Boost::system.

If you're not using imported targets, this won't cause you any problems,
and you can ignore it.

Hopefully one day we can get Boost to provide this information directly
by providing cmake configuration files (it's on my long todo list).  If
anyone else wants to tackle this, it would certainly benefit a lot of
people.

Regards,
Roger