[CMake] CMake 3.6 and OSX

Gregor Jasny gjasny at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 4 16:57:44 EDT 2016

Hello,

On 02/11/2016 06:01, Robert Ramey wrote:
> Here is what I'm seeing:
>
> a) it looks like CMake is looking for boost_filesystem rather than
> libboost as I expect. (same for system).
>
> b) even if I tweak findBoost to force the system to look for libboost...
> it still fails
>
> b) If I follow the suggestion and set BOOST_ROOT to the boost root, it
> still doesn't work.  The BOOST_ROOT variable is discarded when I invoke
> "Configure"
>
> So again, any suggestions you can offer will be appreciated.

It looks like you use a self-compiled boost library. I never did that
but used homebrew instead. If you download the precompiled tarball from
boost, does it work? (I'm asking because I see a 'Debug' in one of your
paths).

The next thing I would do is to run opensnoop and look what files CMake
tries to access() / open() / stat(). Maybe that gives you a hint.

Hope this helps,
Gregor