[CMake] License and copyright of https://cmake.org/Wiki/CMakeUserFindMySQL

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Fri Nov 4 07:41:58 EDT 2016

On 2016-11-04 11:49+0100 Mateusz Kijowski wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am the maintainer of mydumper package in Debian. I want to include
> https://cmake.org/Wiki/CMakeUserFindMySQL in the package, but I would
> need to include copyright and licensing information for this file. Do
> you have some kind of policy for cases like this? Can I assume that
> Wiki content is also available under terms from
> https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/raw/master/Copyright.txt ?
>
> Please note that I have nomail enabled for list, so in order to
> reach me you will have to CC the message to me.
>
> Regards,

Hi Mateusz:

I am not a license lawyer by any means, but your question concerning
licensing aroused my curiosity so I took a look at that Wiki page.
That page says "Content is available under Attribution2.5 unless
otherwise noted", where "Attribution2.5" is a link to
<https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/>.  The largely anonymous
wiki creators (see history of that page where those that worked on
this wiki item are mentioned by name with no further details) that
created this CMakeUserFindMySQL content were apparently happy to abide
by that default license for the Wiki content so if I were in your
shoes, that particular Creative Commons license is the license I would
mention for their work when you redistribute their work as part of a
Debian package.

Alan

Alan W. Irwin