[CMake] [cmake-developers] CMake integration in Gradle (Android Studio)

Robert Dailey rcdailey.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 09:38:38 EDT 2016

Florent, I had the same thoughts. It seems that the CMake generate +
build step happen silently as a prerequisite step when doing the
'gradle build' command somewhere. It makes it appear as if CMake is
not running at all, but instead the Java piece of the build is just
taking forever.

Really I want to get away from ant / eclipse, but unlike Android
Studio, at least in Eclipse I can view C++ code and edit it. I don't
know of any other IDE I can use to edit both java & android code. My
last shining hope is perhaps Visual Studio 2015 and their Android
support. They have a fork of the CMake repository with some changes
for generating Android IDE projects for VS, I have not tried it
though.

What a giant mess this has become... I have no idea what direction to
go on this. Advice on tooling combinations you guys are using would be
very helpful though.