[CMake] Two phase install?

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Thu Mar 24 15:30:25 EDT 2016

Are you running a dashboard script (ctest -S script) when this
happens? Or calling ctest directly with other arguments?

If you are running a -S script, you can specify the configuration to
build and test in the script itself with the CTEST_CONFIGURATION_TYPE
script variable. Read the docs here on the ctest_build and ctest_test
steps: https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.5/manual/ctest.1.html#ctest-build-step

The ctest_build command also takes a "CONFIGURATION" argument
directly, but surprisingly, the ctest_test command does not seem to
have that arg. https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.5/command/ctest_build.html
and https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.5/command/ctest_test.html

If you're not calling a -S script, I'm not sure how else you can do it
besides passing "-C Release" on the command line...

HTH,
David C.