[CMake] CMake IDE integration survey (was RE: Visual Studio + Ninja?)

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Sun Mar 13 00:21:32 EST 2016

> Lead PM for the VC++ team at Microsoft here. I just wanted to echo
> Nagy-Egri’s message.
>

> We are very interested in learning more about your current
> edit-build-debug experience for C++ apps or libs using CMake. Whether
> you’re developing on Windows or not, using VS or not today, we do want
> to hear from you on how the IDE integration for CMake projects can be
> improved.

it is currently not possible to generate driver projects from cmake. for
one project i have to use an arcane workflow of generating vsprops files
from cmake and import them into a native visual studio solution to build
the driver. it would be great if these msvc-specific targets with the
driver specific options could be generated from cmake (PlatformToolset:
WindowsKernelModeDriver8.1, ConfigurationType: Driver, DriverType: KMDF).

cheers,
tim