[CMake] Good practice: using INTERFACE-libraries in FindABC.cmake?

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at posteo.de
Wed Mar 2 01:52:33 EST 2016

On Mon, 29 Feb 2016 21:20:59 +0100
Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com> wrote:

> Patrick Boettcher wrote:
>
> > I came across the INTERFACE-type of libraries when writing a
> > FindModule.cmake-file for custom libraries installed by my
> > project.
>
> You don't provide FindModules for your CMake-built libraries.

Thank you for the pointer. I wasn't aware of it and haven't entirely
understood it yet.

However, when I said 'for custom libraries installed by my project' I
was not referring to cmake-based projects. These libraries are used as
is and for the moment I don't want to integrate them via ExternalProject.

--
Patrick.