[CMake] CMake terminology

Craig Scott craig.scott at crascit.com
Fri Jun 24 19:13:18 EDT 2016

In documentation, blog articles, etc. I just call it the "cmake" step (or
sometimes the "project setup" step if talking in a more project-wide
sense). For many users, the separate configure and generate steps are
somewhat of an implementation detail, so it makes more sense to give it a
single term. I'm not aware of any generally accepted term, but the ones I
use seem to be fairly easy to understand, especially for those new to
CMake. YMMV.

Craig Scott
Melbourne, Australia
http://crascit.com