[CMake] Target has dependency information when it shouldn't

Dvir Yitzchaki Dvir.Yitzchaki at ceva-dsp.com
Thu Jun 16 02:54:29 EDT 2016

Hi group.

I use CMake 3.3.1 with Visual Studio 2013.
I've changed a target from a static library to an INTERFACE library and now I get the following message from CMake:

CUSTOMBUILD : CMake error : Target <...> has dependency information when it shouldn't.
  Your cache is probably stale. Please remove the entry
    <...>_LIB_DEPENDS

If I remove this entry from CMakeCache.txt manually everything works.
My question is why can't CMake do it for me as it obviously knows what to do.

Thanks,

Dvir