[CMake] FindFreetype.cmake doesn't find debug library freetyped.lib

Stuart Mentzer Stuart_Mentzer at objexx.com
Sun Jun 5 05:14:25 EDT 2016

On 6/5/2016 4:26 AM, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> Am Samstag, 4. Juni 2016, 19:26:22 schrieb Stuart Mentzer:

>>> See how other modules handle this, e.g.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/blob/master/Modules/FindZLIB.cmake#L77
>>>
>>> Note the separate searches for the release and debug libs on lines 88-89
>>> and select_library_configurations on line 93.
>>>
>>> If you adapt FindFreetype to use the same pattern, it will handle this
>>> properly.
>> Thanks Roger. That looks the right way to do it. Seems odd that it is
>> handled for zlib but not for freetype. Is this something we can just ask
>> the developers to fix or would it be best for me to submit the fix to the
>> developers list?
> It's a reasonable addition, so if you can't come up with a patch yourself I'll
> have a look if I can do one next week which you can test.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Eike
Thanks Eike. The simplest, least invasive patch is just:

find_library(FREETYPE_LIBRARY
   NAMES
     freetype
     libfreetype
     freetype219

to:

find_library(FREETYPE_LIBRARY
   NAMES
     freetype
     freetyped
     libfreetype
     freetype219

but I understand if you don't want to mix release and debug lib names like that. If so let me know and I'll do it the way it is done for zlib. Problem is that I don't know if freetype219 would also have a d suffix since I'm not sure why that is in there ;-).

Stuart