[CMake] CMake updates timestamp when there are missing files.

Golebiewski, Jakub Jakub.Golebiewski at dnvgl.com
Tue Jul 26 03:38:09 EDT 2016

Hi,

I've noticed a weird (but maybe expected) behavior.

My colleague forgot to edit CMakeLists.txt file for a library from which he deleted a .cpp file. As expected cmake failed with an error message during build. But next build after that passed without issues. CMake didn't run even though the file was still missing. It seems that previous (failed) cmake run updated timestamp anyway.

I'm using CMake 3.2.3 with "Visual Studio 2010 Win64" generator.

Is this expected behavior? Can I somehow prevent that?

Regards,
Jakub Golebiewski

This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain confidential information and/or information protected by intellectual property rights for the exclusive attention of the intended addressees named above. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message and its attachments. Unauthorized use, copying or further full or partial distribution of this e-mail or its contents is prohibited.