[CMake] CMAKE_C++_CREATE_SHARED_LIBRARY missing

Dvir Yitzchaki Dvir.Yitzchaki at ceva-dsp.com
Sun Jul 10 01:04:35 EDT 2016

Hi.

I use cmake 3.3.1 on Red-Hat 5 and 6.
When I generate a project I get the following error:

CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C++_CREATE_SHARED_LIBRARY

However, after the error the generation succeeds and I can build the project successfully.
The same project is generated without errors on Windows 7 with Visual Studio generators and other projects are also generated without errors on the same Linux machine.

Does anyone knows the source of that error?

Thanks,

Dvir