[CMake] CTest - how to structure tests for different test jobs with a shared build-dir

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at posteo.de
Thu Jul 7 01:47:31 EDT 2016

Hi list,

On Wed, 6 Jul 2016 10:19:05 +0200 Patrick Boettcher
<patrick.boettcher at posteo.de> wrote:
> I have several options at hand:
>
> - I could install the tests into the test-job-workspace (not sure if
>   this will really work with ctest)
> - I could copy the build-dir (what about the absolute paths used)
> - I could simple rebuild my binaries for each job (very long and
>   redundant)
>
> Ideally I could tell ctest: here is the cmake-binary-dir, here you can
> find the test-binaries, but please put the results into the job's
> workspace this dir.

I find a solution which satisfies my needs: I just copy all the
CTestTestFiles.cmake recursively while keeping the path-hierarchy.

Then running ctest at the top-level executes the tests from the
original build-dir (absolute paths) .

Copying is done like this

    rsync -avm --include='*CTestTestfile.cmake' -f 'hide,! */'

This, for the moment works.

Would be nice if there was a way to tell cmake to generate ctest-files
into a separate dir.

regards,
--
Patrick.