[CMake] Compiling binaries with cmake -- help

Raymond Wan rwan.work at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 03:46:32 EDT 2016

On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 7:38 PM, Crest Christopher
<crestchristopher at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, thanks but I really want to compile it myself ;-) I hope someone can
> help !

To be honest, you really should contact the original developers for
help with dependencies and compiling.  Not only are they the experts
with their own programs, but they also have an interest in having
users being able to compile their programs.

Likewise, if there is a bug in their program or even their
instructions, I'm sure they would like to know (and hopefully update
accordingly).  This even includes "bugs" in their CMakeList.txt ...

(If developers don't have such an interest, then I don't know why
bother sharing code on GitHub.  So, my *guess* is that they should be
helpful if you contact them...but I could be wrong!)

Ray