[CMake] CMake 3.5.0-rc1 install is missing dependencies

Thompson, KT kgt at lanl.gov
Wed Feb 3 11:19:53 EST 2016

I downloaded cmake 3.5.0-rc1 to try it out.

The Windows installation doesn’t appear to provide all the required dependencies. ‘cmake-gui’ will not launch and provides the error “Qt5Widgets.dll is missing form your computer.” Do I need to install a specific Qt runtime before installing cmake 3.5? The command line ‘cmake’ will run through the configuration of my projects, but it does not generate any VS solution files.

On RHEL 6.7, I extracted the prebuilt x86_64 binaries from the downloaded .tar.gz file.  At the end of the configuration process, cmake issues a segmentation fault and no Makefiles are generated.  Additionally, cmake-gui uses a bad font (all text is displayed as boxes).

Is anyone else encountering these issues with 3.5.0-rc1?

-kt