[CMake] CMake/CTest no RUN_TESTS target

tonka tonka tonka3100 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 09:02:45 EDT 2016

Hey,

I’ve try to get ctest running with my existing gtest-tests. I have my own
findGTest, but should make no difference.

My Problem is that I can’t see the RUN_TESTS target (I’m using Visual
Studio).

I follow the following tutorialhttps://
cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/Testing_With_CTest

I’m start using enable_testing()

I create my executable in my target-CMakeLists.txt file and add the test to
CTest via add_test(MyTestName ThePathToMyExe)

CMake should now create a RUN_TESTS target for me, but it does not happen.

I’ve I use include(CTest) at the end I get many new targets f.e.
continuous, nightly, etc. but no RUN_TESTS

What I’m doing wrong?

I use CMake 3.4.3

Greetings
Tonka