[CMake] set_directory_properties ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES globbing pattern?

Steve Lorimer steve.lorimer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 12:35:29 EDT 2016

As part of our build process we tag certain binary files with version
information such as git branch, number of commits, build variant etc.

Eg, for a binary called "app" we could install a file in the local source
directory with the name "app.branch_foo.91.debug"

The shell globbing pattern that matches is "app.*[0-9]*"

I need a globbing pattern because the tag can change without the makefiles
changing, so the tag can't be hardcoded into the makefile.

If I specify a globbing pattern for ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES it
specifies this as an actual file

    set_directory_properties(PROPERTIES ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES
app.*[0-9]*)

This results in

    file(REMOVE_RECURSE
    )

I've tried adding a nested file(GLOB ...) into the set_directory_properties
but that doesn't work either.

Is it possible to specify a globbing pattern
in set_directory_properties(PROPERTIES ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES ...)?

Is it possible to specify a globbing pattern in file(REMOVE_RECURSE ...)?

TIA
Steve