[CMake] test dependencies and CTest -I

Lowekamp, Bradley (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Aug 19 08:06:21 EDT 2016

Hello,

I am trying to get ctest working on CircleCI with multiple concurrent containers. The following command works for many cases:

 ctest -j 2 -I ${CIRCLE_NODE_INDEX},,${CIRCLE_NODE_TOTAL}

unless there are dependencies specified between tests via something like:

 set_property(TEST B APPEND PROPERTY DEPENDS A)

Then test B will still run even if test A has been run on the same node. Are there any suggestions to solve this problem? It would be nice to just split up the tests which have no dependencies, or always run the dependence of the test.

Thanks,
Brad