[CMake] Example of using Visual Studio for Nightly Dashboard

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Aug 17 20:31:52 EDT 2016

Can anyone point my to a project, including scripts etc, that shows how
to use Visual Studio as the build mechanism for a Visual Fortran project?

My Problem is the following: I am generating a Visual Studio with Intel
Fortran compiler (v16.x) from CMake but when I load the resulting sln
file into Visual Studio and compile the only thing that gets compiled
are a few *.c files in the project and NOT the 100 actual *.f90 files.
If I use NMake from the command line then I can actually invoke "nmake"
and have my project properly compile. I am not sure what is going on or
where the issue is.

I also tried to use NMake from the command line but I am have no idea
which environment and/or cmake variables I need to set in order for my
batch file and .cmake file combination to actually get the Intel Fortran
compiler set properly. I tried using "call ... " with the proper path to
the Intel Fortran .bat file that lays out all the variables but it seems
to just prematurely exit the command prompt and nothing gets configured
or compiled. I can successfully configure a .sln file for my project
during a "nightly" build but then the .sln does not actually compile any
of the fortran source files.

If anyone has any insight into these issues I would greatly appreciate
the help.

Thanks
--
Michael A. Jackson