[CMake] CMake download blocked by Google Chrome

Raymond Wan rwan.work at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 10:40:44 EDT 2016

Hi Matthew,

On Sun, Apr 10, 2016 at 10:25 PM, Matthew Rule <matt.ryderrule at gmail.com> wrote:
> When trying to download cmake-3.5.1-win32-x86.msi from
> https://cmake.org/download/ I received the following message:
> https://i.gyazo.com/6cf9cd56e9cf1f513f649cf59f768241.png
>
> I'd assume that this message is displayed to most Chrome users (if Google
> uses and distributes a single collection of malware filter lists) so it
> should be a big concern. Is it currently safe to download software from
> cmake.org, or has someone injected malicious code into it? Why has this
> message come up? Can I ignore it safely?

I guess it is safe, but if you're not in a hurry, you can wait until
the webmasters of cmake.org (not me) resolve the issue first so that
Google removes the site from their warning list.  According to:

https://www.google.com/transparencyreport/safebrowsing/diagnostic/index.html#url=cmake.org

Google seems to have marked it as "partially dangerous".  Of course,
Google could be wrong -- I think this filter list is maintained
automatically and maybe they got the criteria wrong this time.

Ray