[CMake] "Special" targets, and renaming packages

Benoît Bleuzé benoit.bleuze at 1000shapes.com
Mon Sep 28 10:26:47 EDT 2015

On 09/28/2015 04:04 PM, Nils Gladitz wrote:
> On 09/28/2015 03:40 PM, Benoît Bleuzé wrote:
>> 2 What was the outcome of the old bug report (if someone know how to
>> find it) and its rationale?
>
> http://cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=8438
Thank you Nils for the pointer, I missed the key word "built-in" target
which would have brought me there.

>> Linked to this general question, I have a practical problem. The
>> PACKAGE_NAME variable is fairly limited.
>
> This might be somewhat related:
> http://cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=8438

Yes, sure the comments in that issue are all about depending on a built
in target, but I do not see your point,
unless you messed up the copy and paste and meant to send another link? ;-)
> Nils

I guess I'll try to up-vote the issue, but short of diving in and
patching the source code of cmake, is there anything a user can do to
help fix the issue at this stage?

Ben