[CMake] "Pre-configure" step in CMake

Matthäus G. Chajdas cmake at anteru.net
Thu Sep 24 17:02:04 EDT 2015

Hi,

how does the ExternalProject interact with subsequent find_library calls?

I've seen projects building dependencies through ExternalProject, but
those would the project manually by querying ExternalProject and adding
a new imported target. How would I connect an ExternalProject to one or
more find_library calls?

Is there a downside from configure taking an unknown amount of time? My
expectation was that there is no timeout for the configure step.

Cheers,
  Matthäus