[CMake] FindGit.cmake proposal

Gregor Jasny gjasny at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 14 11:45:17 EDT 2015

Hello,

On 10/09/15 16:34, Daniel Wirtz wrote:
> i've now quite often encountered the need to access basic git
> information about the source tree from within cmake.
> i've attached the current FindGit.cmake module shipped with CMake
> enhanced by two functions: getGitRevision and getGitBranch.
> if you fancy the idea of having this included, feel free to include any
> part of it in future releases.

Very helpful. ARAIR functions declared inside modules should be prefixed
by the module name. So your functions should become

git_get_xyz()

Please also properly document your function
(add a .. command:: <command-name>):

http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.3/manual/cmake-developer.7.html#help

If you need assistance, I'm glad to help.

Thanks,
Gregor