[CMake] The project files that CMake generates can't be moved

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 06:59:08 EDT 2015

On 10/30/2015 11:32 AM, 李荣贵_dongnan wrote:

> Recently, I use CMake to build the source code of a software in the
> platform of windows and I make it. However, I found if I move the
> whole file to other place, some errors will take place when the
> program run. According to the prompt information, I know CMake uses
> absolute path when building. Then I read a lot of relevant datum on
> the net. One solution is to open the variable
> “CMAKE_USE_RELATIVE_PATHS”. I have tried it and it doesn’t work.
> Someone also say this problem has not been effectively solved yet. I
> want to make this problem clear, so I decide to write this email.

CMAKE_USE_RELATIVE_PATHS has been removed from CMake [1]. Even before
that its use was not recommended.
CMake build directories are not meant to be transferable or moved
around; if you need a build in a different location you will have to
rerun cmake / the build there.

Nils

[1]
https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commit;h=1335992c8f4e8b96f1a21d5dcc7d65a9fbd84c11