[CMake] [cmake-developers] Xcode build settings and BullseyeCoverage

Gregor Jasny gjasny at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 10 08:43:09 EDT 2015

Hello,

On 09/10/15 17:51, Roman Wüger wrote:
> I’m trying to configure and build a project with the “Xcode” generator and
> the bullseye coverage tool.
>
> Without the bullseye coverage tool it works fine but if I want to use it I
> had to do the following workaround:
> http://www.bullseye.com/help/tool-xcode.html

IMHO this workaround is way to hackish for a paid tool. The proper thing
for Bullseye would be to provide a touchless way of intercepting all
compiler invocations like for example Fortify or Coverity provides. You
would be able to call it like this:

  $ bullseye xcodebuild

It would trace compiler invocations from xcodebuild and all childs.

> And I got the following error:
>

> -- The C compiler identification is unknown
>
> -- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:3 (project):
>
>   No CMAKE_C_COMPILER could be found.

> Is there also a way to set generator specific things during configure time?
>
> At the moment it is only possible with the build command: “cmake -build . --
> PLATFORM_DEVELOPER_BIN_DIR=PointToSomething” which sets the build settings
> for Xcode

I have not tested it, but maybe you could add
   -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=$(xcrun -find clang) -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=$(xcrun
-find clang++)

to the cmake command line at configuration time.

Thanks,
Gregor