[CMake] CMake fails to find sys/event.h on FreeBSD 10.2

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Mon Nov 16 06:00:58 EST 2015

Am 16.11.2015 10:47, schrieb Klemen Ferjančič:
> Can you clarify what you meant with this? To add /usr/incude in
> CMAKE_REQUIRED_INCLUDES? Doesn't seem to change anything.
>
> On 16. 11. 2015 07:35, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
>> Am Montag, 16. November 2015, 00:34:01 schrieb Klemen Ferjančič:
>>> FreeBSD 10.2-STABLE
>>> CMake 3.3.1
>>>
>>> Our projects needs kqueue which means that sys/types.h and
>>> sys/event.h
>>> need to be found. Googling around also revealed that event.h is not
>>> self
>>> inclusive but depends on type.h. Not sure if that has to do with
>>> anything though.
>>>
>>> CMakeLists.txt:
>>> check_include_file_cxx(sys/types.h HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H)
>>> if (HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H)
>>> check_include_file_cxx(sys/event.h HAVE_SYS_EVENT_H)
>>> endif()
>>
>> cmake --help-module CheckIncludeFileCXX
>>
>> -> CMAKE_REQUIRED_INCLUDES

Sorry, I was indeed confusing modules. Since it's a C header you can
just use CheckIncludeFiles (not the trailing 's'), which can check
several headers at once.

Greetings,

Eike