[CMake] How to build cmake to have http support?

Cedric Doucet cedric.doucet at inria.fr
Sun Nov 15 10:52:48 EST 2015

Thank you Gregor!

As I feared, this solution does not work in my particular case.
This is because something is missing in the system and I can't installed it since I'm not an administrator of the cluster:

-- Could NOT find ZLIB (missing:  ZLIB_LIBRARY ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR)
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:279 (message):
  CMAKE_USE_SYSTEM_ZLIB is ON but a zlib is not found!
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:546 (CMAKE_BUILD_UTILITIES)

See also "/home/doucetc/logiciels/cmake-3.4.0/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/doucetc/logiciels/cmake-3.4.0/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
Error when bootstrapping CMake:
Problem while running initial CMake

I know it's possible to overcome this problem by installing openssl and telling cmake to use it, because it worked for me before.
I will try again to find how I did that.

Best,

Cédric