[CMake] Custom message if target fails

Attila Krasznahorkay attila.krasznahorkay at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 22:04:42 EST 2015

Hi Daniel,

You could even do it in a *much* more general way.

We write custom log files about our builds by providing a "replacement" for the ctest executable. So that when we configure the build with

-DCTEST_USE_LAUNCHERS

, our script would catch *all* the build commands. (To have a chance to put the commands and their results into various log files. We forward the actual build command execution to the "normal" ctest executable.) You could use such a script to print a custom failure message.

Cheers,
           Attila