[CMake] Fwd: Re: cmake needs 2 runs to find boost

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Nov 9 11:51:04 EST 2015

On Mon, 9 Nov 2015, Andreas Naumann wrote:

> Did boost change the naming convention? The documentation says, it should be
> named with vc<somenumber>. And therefore, cmake cannot find the library...
> Even the boost header files rely on the names in Visual studio. So, I would
> assume, your boost installation to be broken?

I don't know, I built boost using the included cmakelists.txt, like this:

ExternalProject_Add(
     ext_boost
     DOWNLOAD_DIR ${EXTERNALS_DOWNLOAD_DIR}
     URL http://downloads.sourceforge.net/boost/boost_1_55_0.tar.bz2
     #URL_MD5 3a855e0f919107e0ca4de4d84ad3f750
     CONFIGURE_COMMAND <SOURCE_DIR>/bootstrap.bat --prefix=${PREFIX_ext_boost}
     BUILD_COMMAND <SOURCE_DIR>/b2.exe --with-system --build-dir=build-dir --prefix=${PREFIX_ext_boost} toolset=msvc variant=release link=shared  threading=multi architecture=x86 address-model=64 variant=release install
     INSTALL_COMMAND ""
     INSTALL_DIR ${EXTPREFIX_boost}
     UPDATE_COMMAND ""
     ALWAYS 0
     BUILD_IN_SOURCE 1
)

If that results in a broken boost, it's boost that broke stuff.

Boudewijn