[CMake] autouic problem with Visual Studio

clinton at elemtech.com clinton at elemtech.com
Thu Nov 5 19:00:35 EST 2015

Hi,

I'm trying out the autouic feature in Visual Studio, and I noticed that if I change a .ui file, the corresponding ui_*.h file is not regenerated when I hit the build button.
I don't see this problem under Makefiles.

For makefiles, it appears a phony target is used and "cmake -E cmake_autogen" is always run each time make is called.
For visual studio, the build rule to execute "cmake -E cmake_autogen" has a list of dependencies. This list of dependencies includes all the files listed in a .qrc file, but none of the .ui files. If I right click on the file representing this build rule, and click "compile", it then runs "cmake -E cmake_autogen" and the ui_*.h files are incrementally updated (only those for which corresponding .ui files were changed).

This appears to be a bug. The setup is different between the two, and perhaps the build rule under visual studio should list all the dependent .ui files.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Thanks,
Clint