[CMake] include python library in a cmake c++ project

Max Linke max_linke at gmx.de
Tue Mar 31 14:57:20 EDT 2015

Hi

I have a C++ project that runs some simulations and is build with cmake.
With it I want to build/test/ship a python library to help create input
files for the C++ project. Is there a recommended way to include C++ and
Python in the same cmake projects?

Ideally I would like to have a all the python stuff in a separate folder
and use python tools (distutils) for installation and testing that are
called from cmake. So when I later type `make install` it should run
`python setup.up install --prefix=<CMAKE_CONFIGURES_PREfIX>` and ctest
call a some python script to run the tests.

best Max