[CMake] CMP0054 and CMake Modules

Jörg Kreuzberger j.kreuzberger at procitec.de
Thu Mar 26 05:29:40 EDT 2015

Updated to cmake 3.2.1 from 3.0.0 and got several hints due to POLICY CMP0054 (handling of quoted variables)

i set the policy to new and changed my local cmake files.

But i also got a warning from CMake Modules like FindMFC.cmake (Line 39).

do i make something wrong or is this an Error in FindMFC which i have to report?

Can i assume that ALL Modules provided with normal cmake install support this policy with NEW?
Currently i get no warning from other modules if policy is unset.
i also assume i can change the policy during cmake processing?

(e.g. set the behaviour to old, include FindMFC.cmake, set the behaviour to new and do the rest of my CMakeLists.txt)

Thanks for any support,
Joerg