[CMake] Any way to append CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX with CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR?

Thompson, KT kgt at lanl.gov
Tue Mar 24 13:32:05 EDT 2015

Hi,

For build tools like Visual Studio or Xcode, I would like to have CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX end with the build configuration type (Release, Debug, etc.)  I tried to append CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX with ${CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR} or $<CONFIG> but those approaches didn’t work (The install directory had was a folder that ended with the string literal ‘${configuration}’).  Can anyone provide a recipe that allows me to run cmake once to generate a project and then toggle between Debug and Release in the build tool to generate separate installations in directories that have names that use the configuration type?

Thanks!

-kt
Kelly (KT) Thompson