[CMake] COMMENT ignored for POST_BUILD custom command?

Chris Green greenc at fnal.gov
Fri Mar 20 15:49:03 EDT 2015

On 3/20/15 2:10 PM, Nils Gladitz wrote:
> On 20.03.2015 19:41, Chris Green wrote:
>> On 3/20/15 12:11 PM, Christopher H Green wrote:
>>> Indeed it might, thank you, but I believe I'm seeing the same
>>> behavior with ninja also.
>> I can confirm that with CMake 3.2.1, the expected COMMENT is printed
>> with the UNIX Makefile generator, but not for the Ninja generator.
>> Any chance of getting this fixed in an upcoming version? Several of
>> our users are trying out Ninja, and liking what they see so far.
>>

> In the Makefile generators this was a regression but with the Ninja
> generator this seems to have never been implemented.
>
> CMake Ninja builds are much less verbose than CMake's Makefiles and I
> am personally quite fond of that fact.
> In a diagnostic free build (no warnings or errors) this often means a
> single line of output for the entire build.
>
> You could make this a feature request on the issue tracker though.
Hi,

Thanks for this. I'm in favor of brief myself, but if I've decided I
want a message by using the mechanism provided for same, in general I'd
like to see it. I'll put the issue in the tracker.

Thanks again,
Chris.

--
Chris Green <greenc at fnal.gov>, FNAL CS/SCD/ADSS/SSI/TAC;
'phone (630) 840-2167; Skype: chris.h.green;