[CMake] Prevent ExternalProject from updating git submodules

Tim Gallagher tim.gallagher at gatech.edu
Fri Mar 13 13:05:42 EDT 2015

Hi Nicholas,

I tried that and no luck. I've done both:

ExternalProject_Add(... GIT_SUBMODULES "")

and

set(empty_list "")
ExternalProject_Add(... GIT_SUBMODULES "${empty_list}")

and it still tries to update the submodules. I know it's seeing the option -- if I pass in a name of a submodule that doesn't exist, it will crash when it tries to check out that made up one. But I can't seem to get it to not update any of them.

Tim