[CMake] Building LLVM with CMaker fails

Fabian Cordes fabian.cordes at musterfabrik-berlin.de
Thu Mar 5 07:43:21 EST 2015

I've tried building the new Version of LLVM [llvm.org] which uses a CMake based build system. This gives errors similar to this one in various places of LLVMBuild.cmake. Some time ago, I was able to build an older Version of LLVM. Now even this old Version does not build correctly. There must be some kind of software I have installed in the mean time that interferes. I already tried cleaning the PATH environment variable, but that does not help.
Some more technicalities, I am using win8 with Visual Studio 2012 and 2013 (errors occur in both generators) and used both CMake GUI and cli CMake.

CMake Error at C:/Dev/llvm-current-bin/LLVMBuild.cmake:44 (configure_file):
configure_file Problem configuring file
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:437 (include)

I've googled the error message, but it is not very specific and I cannot find useful resources. Maybe someone on this mailing list has a clue what the problem here is. Are there any good hints how to debug this error type? I already searched CMakeError.log and CMakeOutput.log for any hints, but there's nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.