[CMake] iOS multi-arch library target and xcodebuild

headupinclouds dhirvonen at elucideye.com
Wed Jun 24 14:18:33 EDT 2015

Jason,

This link ( Building-universal-ios-library
<https://github.com/ruslo/sugar/wiki/Building-universal-ios-library>  )
provides details on creating iOS Universal (multi-arch) builds with CMake.
It shows both a manual process and a patched CMake version that will
accomplish this for you.  I've been using this in combination with the
Hunter CMake package manager <https://github.com/ruslo/hunter>   for Android
and iOS universal builds.

For convenience, here is a link to the patched CMake version from that page
CMake <https://github.com/ruslo/CMake>  .  Note that this will currently
build static universal libraries only, but I believe support for dynamic
libraries (for use in iOS 8 dynamic frameworks) is currently being added.

To build the patched CMake with proper external project behavior, I had to
pass it CMAKE_USE_SYSTEM_CURLE=YES.  So given your system cmake, you could
build it with something like this (with your preferred cmake install
prefix):

wget https://github.com/ruslo/CMake/archive/v3.2.1-p3.tar.gz
tar zxvf v3.2.1-p3.tar.gz
cd CMake-3.2.1-p3
cmake -H. -B_builds -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=_install -DCMAKE_USE_SYSTEM_CURL=YES

David