[CMake] Running CTest with Xcode build results in Error

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Thu Jun 18 15:45:36 EDT 2015

Found the source. the generated CTestConfig.cmake is the following:

## This file should be placed in the root directory of your project.
## Then modify the CMakeLists.txt file in the root directory of your
## project to incorporate the testing dashboard.
## # The following are required to uses Dart and the Cdash dashboard
##   ENABLE_TESTING()
##   INCLUDE(CTest)
set(CTEST_PROJECT_NAME "DREAM3D")
set(CTEST_NIGHTLY_START_TIME "01:00:00 UTC")

set(CTEST_DROP_METHOD "http")
set(CTEST_DROP_SITE "my.cdash.org")
set(CTEST_DROP_LOCATION "/submit.php?project=DREAM3D")
set(CTEST_DROP_SITE_CDASH TRUE)

# Use multiple CPU cores to build
include(ProcessorCount)
ProcessorCount(N)
if(NOT N EQUAL 0)
  if(NOT WIN32)
    set(CTEST_BUILD_FLAGS "-j${N}")
  endif(NOT WIN32)
  set(ctest_test_args ${ctest_test_args} PARALLEL_LEVEL ${N})

endif()

So that explains where it is coming from. Does CMake generate this or does my project generate this?

Mike J

On Jun 18, 2015, at 3:40 PM, David Cole <DLRdave at aol.com> wrote:

> The error shown in your CDash build error output page could be coming
> from something that is built within your project as an
> ExternalProject.
>
> Do you have any of those?
>
> Have you grepped your source tree for -j yet?
>

> On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 3:17 PM, Michael Jackson
> <mike.jackson at bluequartz.net> wrote:
>> I will have to admit that I don't pretend to completely understand the CMake file that I am using as I started with something from VTK and changed things to work with our project and setup. I will attach the files to the email. Maybe you can see something that I am missing:
>>

>> Thanks
>> Mike Jackson
>>
>> On Jun 18, 2015, at 3:08 PM, David Cole via CMake <cmake at cmake.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Are you using Eclipse or Kate?
>>>
>>> Did you do a grep -E "\-j" on all of the files included by the script
>>> that drives the build? (And in your source tree?)
>>>
>>> The only -j possibilities that look likely in CMake itself are shown
>>> in the git grep results from a CMake checkout:
>>>
>>> $ git grep -E "\-j"
>>>
>>> Modules/CMakeFindEclipseCDT4.cmake:# Try to find out how many CPUs we
>>> have and set the -j
>>> Modules/CMakeFindEclipseCDT4.cmake:# Only set -j if we are under UNIX
>>> and if the make-tool
>>> Modules/CMakeFindEclipseCDT4.cmake:
>>> set(_CMAKE_ECLIPSE_INITIAL_MAKE_ARGS "-j${_CMAKE_ECLI
>>> Modules/CMakeFindEclipseCDT4.cmake:set(CMAKE_ECLIPSE_MAKE_ARGUMENTS
>>> "${_CMAKE_ECLIPSE_INIT
>>> Modules/CMakeFindKate.cmake:# Try to find out how many CPUs we have
>>> and set the -j argumen
>>> Modules/CMakeFindKate.cmake:# Only set -j if we are under UNIX and if
>>> the make-tool used a
>>> Modules/CMakeFindKate.cmake:  set(_CMAKE_KATE_INITIAL_MAKE_ARGS
>>> "-j${_CMAKE_KATE_PROCESSOR
>>> Modules/CMakeFindKate.cmake:set(CMAKE_KATE_MAKE_ARGUMENTS