[CMake] Running CTest with Xcode build results in Error

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Thu Jun 18 15:08:31 EDT 2015

Are you using Eclipse or Kate?

Did you do a grep -E "\-j" on all of the files included by the script
that drives the build? (And in your source tree?)

The only -j possibilities that look likely in CMake itself are shown
in the git grep results from a CMake checkout:

$ git grep -E "\-j"

Modules/CMakeFindEclipseCDT4.cmake:# Try to find out how many CPUs we
have and set the -j
Modules/CMakeFindEclipseCDT4.cmake:# Only set -j if we are under UNIX
and if the make-tool
Modules/CMakeFindEclipseCDT4.cmake:
set(_CMAKE_ECLIPSE_INITIAL_MAKE_ARGS "-j${_CMAKE_ECLI
Modules/CMakeFindEclipseCDT4.cmake:set(CMAKE_ECLIPSE_MAKE_ARGUMENTS
"${_CMAKE_ECLIPSE_INIT
Modules/CMakeFindKate.cmake:# Try to find out how many CPUs we have
and set the -j argumen
Modules/CMakeFindKate.cmake:# Only set -j if we are under UNIX and if
the make-tool used a
Modules/CMakeFindKate.cmake:  set(_CMAKE_KATE_INITIAL_MAKE_ARGS
"-j${_CMAKE_KATE_PROCESSOR
Modules/CMakeFindKate.cmake:set(CMAKE_KATE_MAKE_ARGUMENTS
"${_CMAKE_KATE_INITIAL_MAKE_ARGS

And it looks like those try to restrict it to a "make" tool, so they
shouldn't be using it in the case of xcodebuild...

Mystery. We're missing something.