[CMake] Support for Concurrent Fortran 77 Compiler (was: fortran compiler failed to compile simple test program)

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Jun 18 12:51:44 EDT 2015

On 06/18/2015 08:44 AM, Brad King wrote:
> We may be able to extract that while compiling the compiler identification
> source file.  Try modifying Modules/CMakeDetermineFortranCompiler.cmake
> and extending the list in CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER_ID_TEST_FLAGS with "-v".
> Then run CMake on the tiny CMakeLists.txt file we used for testing before.
> Then send me (off list) a tarball of the build tree.

Okay, I've drafted some changes to use the compilation output to
identify a compiler:

 CMakeDetermineCompilerId: Optionally try some flags before no flags
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=c65a060e

 CMakeDetermineCompilerId: Refactor id build/check loop logic
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=5f0dad75

 CMakeDetermineCompilerId: Try matching compiler output to detect id
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=0d204c1c

and another change to actually use it for this compiler:

 Add support for Concurrent Fortran 77 Compiler
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=7cd539b1

Please try building CMake from commit 7cd539b1 to see if it detects
the compiler id as "CCur".  Once that works we can look at updating
the flags used for the compiler.

Thanks,
-Brad