[CMake] fortran compiler failed to compile simple test program

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jun 16 13:51:31 EDT 2015

On 06/16/2015 01:44 PM, Ette, Anthony (CDS) wrote:
> I'm still struggling getting anything unique from the cf77 command line.

What is the output of "cf77 --version"?

> Okay, the -rdynamic option to cf77 instructs it to build
> a shared object (shared library), not an executable program.

That may be what it tells cf77 but that is not what it tells
gcc.  From "man gcc":

 -rdynamic
     Pass the flag -export-dynamic to the ELF linker, on targets that
     support it. This instructs the linker to add all symbols, not only
     used ones, to the dynamic symbol table. This option is needed for
     some uses of "dlopen" or to allow obtaining backtraces from within
     a program.

Anyway we should drop it for cf77 once we can identify that compiler
as distinct from a GNU compiler.

-Brad