[CMake] determining which system headerfile provides a given function

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 06:50:43 EDT 2015

On Monday June 15 2015 23:05:07 Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> if you have multiple candidate headers, try them all, and use separate result
> variables for every one.
> Is that the problem you have ?

Yes. That's probably the thing I missed and why it didn't work; I used a single variable.
Still, it seems surprising there's no predefined macro that would help make things easier in this kind of scenario that cannot be that uncommon (at least it used to be quite common, like for instance with string.h vs. strings.h).
A macro that takes a list of candidates and returns the name of the appropriate file would seem useful, no?

R.