[CMake] fortran compiler failed to compile simple test program

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jun 15 16:02:53 EDT 2015

On 06/15/2015 03:42 PM, Ette, Anthony (CDS) wrote:
> you mention that it is my responsibility to setup the environment
> before invoking Cmake and while I agree, it's just not clear to me
> what speficially Cmake requires to be setup.

The environment is not for CMake but for the compiler itself.  I was
just saying that CMake is not going to know what environment variables
the toolchain needs to have set in order for the compiler to work.
If you invoke CMake from the same environment as that by-hand
test that worked earlier then that is the required environment.

You can run CMake on that minimal project with --debug-trycompile
to leave behind the test project directory.  That may help dig into
how the test project is invoking the compiler.

-Brad