[CMake] How do I set an Xcode property on the global/root project?

Eric Wing ewmailing at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 08:38:08 EDT 2015

I have been successful at setting Xcode properties on specific targets
with CMake via:

set_property (TARGET ${TARGET} PROPERTY
XCODE_ATTRIBUTE_${XCODE_PROPERTY} ${XCODE_VALUE})

But I have been unable to set properties on the global/root project.
Is there a way to do this?

Much of the time, I want to set a property on all my targets. I can
manually set each target, but visually inspecting the Xcode project is
more confusing this way because you have to understand how overrides
work. It's nice to just look at the root. (And I haven't figured out
how to set the built-in aggregate targets.)

But more annoyingly, sometimes I'm in places in the build system where
it is too early for a target or I don't have easy access to the target
name. It would be much easier to just set the global project and not
worry about needing a target to pass.

Thanks,
Eric