[CMake] Backup copy on install?

Chris Johnson cxjohnson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 12:57:32 EDT 2015

Hmm.  It's a possibility.

But those files are generate when I run cmake, aren't they?  So re-running
that would tend to overwrite any custom modifications I made.  And I have
about 350 of them.

I note that cmake_install.cmake simply uses the file(INSTALL ...) command.
How could I find the implementation of the file() command?  Could I
possibly customize that implementation?

Thanks much!
..chris