[CMake] Visual Studio 2013, increamental builds, intermediate directories and long target names

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Jun 4 08:44:31 EDT 2015

On 06/01/2015 04:38 PM, david_bjornbak at keysight.com wrote:
> Deterministically generating a GUID sounds like a real solution.
>
>> If I get a chance I'll look at whether CMake can deterministically
>> generate a GUID from a hash of the build tree and target names

I've done this here:

 VS: Compute project GUIDs deterministically
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=c85367f4

We're past the freeze for CMake 3.3 but this will be in 3.4.  Meanwhile
you can try using a nightly binary to drive your incremental builds:

 http://www.cmake.org/files/dev/?C=M;O=D

It should be part of cmake-3.3.20150602 or later.

-Brad