[CMake] [cmake-developers] CMake IR

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Jul 30 11:56:33 EDT 2015

Am 30.07.2015 10:15 vorm. schrieb "Bill Hoffman" <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>:

> On 7/30/2015 10:48 AM, Dan Kegel wrote:
>>
>> I wouldn't mind getting rid of the cache, it's a bizarre concept that
appears
>> to be a workaround for users who can't stand starting cmake from a
script,
>> and it complicates my cmake scripts, but that's not a battle I'd like to
wage.

> No, it is how CMake stores things it finds during the configure step. If
you did not have it you would have to rediscover everything for every run
on a build tree, and have no place to store user selections in the GUI.

I believe the latter, but not the former.
I never use the GUI, and consider the cache an anti-feature there solely to
support GUI users.  It complicates my life, and I'd love to see it go.