[CMake] config-specific compiler definitions don't work properly

Xi Yang jiandingzhe at 163.com
Wed Jul 22 07:22:32 EDT 2015

Hi:

It solved the compiler definitions. However, when I come to work with library, it came with further errors.

In my project, we have an extra configuration named GraphicDebug. I want to have my project to use different library files which are compiled using different options. Firstly I tried this:

add_library(foo_lib_use STATIC IMPORTED)
set_property(TARGET foo_lib_use
    PROPERTY IMPORTED_LOCATION_GRAPHICDEBUG libfoo_gdbg.a
)

It failed to set foo_lib_use:

Demo/Demo: juze_lib_use-NOTFOUND

I guessed the XXX_<Config> don't work for customized configs, then I tried $<$<>> way:

add_library(foo_lib_use STATIC IMPORTED)
set_property(TARGET foo_lib_use
    PROPERTY IMPORTED_LOCATION
        $<$<CONFIG:Debug>:         libfoo_dbg.a>
        $<$<CONFIG:GraphicDebug>:  libfoo_gdbg.a>
        $<$<CONFIG:Release>:       libfoo_rel.a>
        $<$<CONFIG:RelWithDebInfo>: libfoo_reldbg.a>
)

However, the foo_lib_use is not properly set according to configuration, it was instead set to the whole string with all $<$<>> stuffs. This is the line in generated build.make:

Demo/Demo: $<$<CONFIG:Debug>:;/home/yangxi/software/JUZE/lib/libjuce_dbg.a>;$<$<CONFIG:GraphicDebug>:;/home/yangxi/software/JUZE/lib/libjuce_gdbg.a>;$<$<CONFIG:Release>:;/home/yangxi/software/JUZE/lib/libjuce_rel.a>;$<$<CONFIG:RelWithDebInfo>:/home/yangxi/software/JUZE/lib/libjuce_reldbg.a>

So, how can I properly set the library according to configuration? Thanks!

在 2015-07-17 21:42:50,"Petr Kmoch" <petr.kmoch at gmail.com> 写道:

Hi.

Looking at the documentation ( http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.3/manual/cmake-properties.7.html#properties-on-directories , http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.3/manual/cmake-properties.7.html#properties-on-targets ), you will find that neither the directory property nor the target property COMPILE_DEFINITIONS has per-configuration variants. They do support generator expressions, however, so you could use these instead:

  set_property(DIRECTORY PROPERTY COMPILE_DEFINITIONS $<$<CONFIG:Debug>:FOO> $<$<CONFIG:Release>:BAR>)

Petr