[CMake] Fortran build dependency on Windows

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jul 21 16:17:39 EDT 2015

On 07/21/2015 01:06 PM, Brad King wrote:
> It looks like OBJECT_DEPENDS is not fully implemented for VS >= 10.
> I'll look at fixing that.

It turns out that is because .vcxproj files do not support it.
The ClCompile task is documented here:

 https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee862477.aspx

and it does not support an AdditionalInputs field.  The documentation
of OBJECT_DEPENDS will have to be updated accordingly.

> Meanwhile you can work around the problem by moving generation of
> the source file to a custom target and then use add_dependencies to
> make sure that is built before the target that compiles the source.

Please let me know if this works for you or if you find another
workaround.

Thanks,
-Brad